Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dior: The Fabric Confessionals

An Introduction -
One of the perks of managing a fabric sample department is the oodles and oodles of lovely product that fills my office. In the almost 5 years on my job, many of these lovelies have found their way to my home. Instead of hoarding these pretty fabrics, (because "The Confessions of a Fabric Hoarder" is true, but so not flattering) I am attempting to edit, curate, craft, and use what shall now be called "The Stash". 

So, meet "Anna"...



"Anna" is a recently discontinued Clarence House print that arrived at "The Stash" this week.

She is inspired by a vintage Dior gown, from the second World War. I love the huge scale and retro sophistication of this print.


The colors are even more terrific up close - cherry red, coral pink, light emerald, cocoa, and silver birch.



"Anna" has a future as a pair of 18" square pillow covers with grey backs, perhaps with a narrow self-welt. I hope to finish these over Christmas for winter sofa pillows.

Disclaimer: I view fabrics as art pieces, so some of the fabrics featured may not be your style. They may not be my style either, but there will be something in the design, or back story, or craftsmanship that resonates with me, hence their presence in "The Stash".

No comments: