Monday, September 17, 2012

Girl Overboard!

I am a planner. Tell me what to do, and I will do it.

But, sometimes, life happens. Or in the present case, pollen, ragweed, and a completely out-of-whack prescription have made my last six weeks a fuzzy mess of things I have forgotten, skipped, or been consistently 15 minutes late for.

Work.

Church.

Returning library materials.

Submitting propositions.

Doing my job.

Sheesh.

(At least the dog had a bath, right?)

This Sunday I attended the wedding of two friends. An outdoor wedding in the country on an Indian summer day with not a rose in sight... charming. One thing you need to know about me. I am a huge fan of marriage, but not a big fan of weddings right now. Let's just say I have some battle stories that would make your jaw drop ...or your eyes roll. "You will think very differently when it is your turn." is the common rejoinder.

Perhaps.

Not.

This group was delightful, and they loved to dance. I am an awkward dancer at most, with bursts of occasional rhythm. But, last night was fun, and I danced in my little leopard print flats as if I was eight years old again. For those brief moments, the last six weeks melted away. My grandmothers would have been proud.

My boat was struck again within the next day and I found myself flying into the water... again. How quickly we - alright, I - forget.

Peace of mind is a precious commodity. It is also one of the few no one can take from us. It is mine to preserve or to toss away.

So, if you are looking for me in the next few days check under the bridge...


... I'll be there clinging to my peace of mind.


No comments: